Friday 13 August 2010

i-Pads, Shy-Pads

So, this week I was blessed with winning a website designing competition at my company, the prize - an iPad! Truth be told, from a company of nearly 2000 employees - there weren't a huge number of entries as not everyone had the technological know-how to create a website.

Even so, I'd still like to think my design, concept and it's user-friendliness got me to the top. From the knowledge I've picked up over the past year when building freelance websites for companies; I defnitely feel more confident at delivering high quality designs and interfaces that not only satisfies the client but more importantly I'm proud to make. Don't get me wrong though...I'm not arrogant in what I do, and I'm far from where I want to be as a web guru.

Anyway, we're going off topic - what I wanted to write about was this darn iPad. Many people have commented that for all the time I spend creating websites and working on software programming, I'm not the gadgety type - I just don't understand it! I'm happy to play with a gadget for an hour, but soon enough will get bored and if it's not useful I don't want it, odd it may be.

I had a play with the iPad last night; it's beautiful, sleek, clean, quick, clever....but what does it do?! So far, I've watched YouTube a lot, and played with Google Maps...just for the resizing and panning fun you can have with it. Now I'm at a loss....I recently got my holy grail Android phone which I can't leave alone as I can access the internet, email, facebook, AND phone people; the iPad just seems a bigger and more cumbersome version of this...without phoning (though to be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to make a phone call on it!)

Maybe some can enlighten me on what I'm missing, don't get me wrong - I like it, just don't know what to do with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment